Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBAW Wednesday Treasure

BBAW

For Book Blogger Appreciation Week, today's theme is "...share with us a book or genre you tried due to the influence of another blogger. What made you cave in to try something new and what was the experience like?"

book coverA book I tried because another blogger liked it so well is Life of Washington by Anna Reed.

I like biographies, but I figured I already knew a lot about George Washington, so I'd rather read a book about something new to me. But then I read a review saying how the blogger had learned a lot of new things about Washington from this book and how wonderful the book was. So I took a closer look and realized how this biography had been written by a person who would have known Washington or talked with people who had know him. Plus it used his own writings (letters, journals, etc.) which I love to have in biographies. So I decided to give the book a chance.

I'm glad I did! It was definitely worth reading, and I'd certainly recommend it to others.

No comments: